Membership of the Devonshire Association
Anyone may join the Association – residence in Devon is not a requirement. We have well over 1,200 members around the world.
Here is a printable copy of the application form, but if you prefer you can contact the Registrar to request a paper copy be sent to you. We hope to implement an optional on-line application process before too long.
Types of membership
- Are encouraged to join a local Branch, and any Sections they are interested in
- May attend the Annual Conference and the President’s Symposium
- Will receive a copy of the Transactions, the DA News magazine, the Diary of Events and other Association notices
- Have full voting rights and may be elected as an officer or member of any committee, including the Executive Committee
The annual subscription for full membership is £25 (or, if living overseas, £30).
For second or subsequent members living at the same address who are willing to share printed material the annual subscription is £13.
Associate and student members
Associate and student members have the same benefits as full members, except:
- They do not receive copies of the Transactions
- They are not entitled to vote at the AGM
- They cannot become members of the Executive Committee.
Otherwise they play a full part in the life of the Association, especially in the Branches and Sections where they have full voting rights and may become officers.
The annual subscription for associate and student members is £15.
The current rate for Life Membership is £500.
An Institutional Member is a library, educational body, institution, society or other corporate body. An Institutional Member may nominate a representative to exercise the rights and privileges of an Individual Member. The institutional member rate is £30 per annum, or £40 for institutions based overseas.
All subscriptions are renewable 1st January, preferably by Standing Order. The prompt payment of subscriptions is of great assistance in managing the Association’s affairs and helps keep administrative costs down. Although payment by Standing Order is preferred, if you wish to pay by cheque it should be made payable to “The Devonshire Association”. The Association is also grateful to members who are able to complete a Declaration of Gift Aid.
The Association is largely financed by its modest subscriptions, returns on investments, and legacies. These sources are, however, insufficient to cover all costs and it is often necessary to charge for light refreshments and for more elaborate arrangements.
Members Only section of the website
Login here. Not yet implemented