Plymouth and District Branch
The Plymouth Branch – now known as the Plymouth and District Branch – was created in 1932 to enable members from Plymouth and South-West Devon to meet, socialise, and to be kept aware of the activities and events of the Association throughout the county.
Branch meetings are normally held on the second Wednesday evening of each month (October through April) in the lecture theatre of the Plymouth Athenaeum at Derry’s Cross. Invited speakers cover all interests, including aspects of local history, architecture, science, literature and the arts. Occasionally members present talks on their own research and interests. Each evening session ends with refreshments in the lounge of the Athenaeum.
In the summer months (May to September) there are a range of outings to the local area, often led by experts in architecture, industrial archaeology, botany, entomology and the sciences. Some of the places visited by the Branch are the less well known places, some of which are not normally available to the general public.
We welcome visitors to our events, details of which are available on the Devonshire Association website.
Chair: Prof. Malcolm B. Hart
Vice Chairs: Dr Gerald T. Boalch and Dr C. Anthony Lewis
Treasurer: Mr Edward W. Luscombe
Secretary: Mr. Colin Kilvington (Tel: 01752 564972, email: email@example.com)
Commitee: Miss J. Hipsey, Mrs J. Sanders, Mr Philip Smith
It’s also possible to review the Branch’s past events.
The following pages were written and are maintained by the Branch itself.
|< Exeter Branch||South Devon Branch >|