The Devonshire Association (DA) was founded in 1862 and is now an educational charity dedicated to the study and appreciation of all matters relating to the county of Devon in south-west England. It is the only society concerned with every aspect of Devon and is the only one of its kind in Britain. Read more...
New to the DA? See lower down this page for some information about us.
Where am I ?Home
Why not stay in with us! We have plenty of Devon-related material to read here: the latest additions are listed below.
Newly added Devon content
- Sixty-sixth Report on Devonshire Verbal Provincialisms, with Dialect Map (1962)
- The Three Hares in Medieval Devon and Beyond (2016)
- Stories on the Stones: Peter Hill, Parish Clerk and Sexton, Lydford (2017)
- The Origin of Axminster Carpets (1889)
- The Pack-Horse on Dartmoor (1905)
- The Great Central Trackway – Dartmoor (1889)
- The Disappearing Stone Monuments of Dartmoor (1902)
- Book review. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes and Devon