Annual General Meeting 2020
THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of The Devonshire Association
will be held by videoconference
on Saturday 3rd October 2020 at 11 a.m.
- Statement from the Chair regarding the temporary amendment to the quorum (Rule 22).
- Minutes of the last Annual General Meeting.
- Members and Associates: a) elected; b) resigned; or c) deceased since the last AGM.
- Report of the Executive Committee.
- Annual Financial Report.
- To elect the Officers for 2020/2021 (Rules 20 & 31).
- To re-elect Dr Jennifer Bennett and Mr John Maltby who have completed one term of three years on the Executive Committee and are eligible for re-election.
- To elect one Member to serve on the Executive Committee for three years (Rule 25).
- To appoint an ‘independent examiner’ for the current financial year 2020 (Rule 20).
- List of papers accepted by the Executive Committee for publication in the Transactions.
- Vote of thanks to the Officers of the Association, including those of the Branches and Sections, and the Registrar.
Please note. Items may be added to, or omitted from, the above agenda before the AGM.
If you would like to join the AGM videoconference you must book in advance (booking will close at 8p.m. on Friday 2nd October) by contacting the Honorary Secretary, Dr Ian Varndell (details below).
You can join the AGM by internet or by phoning in (national charges will apply), but you must have an email address (or access to one) so that the login details and papers for the AGM can be sent to you.
Ian Varndell, Hon. Secretary
Tel. 07742 148865 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes regarding the Annual General Meeting
- Due to the restrictions imposed to combat the coronavirus pandemic the 2020 AGM will be restricted to statutory business. A Special General Meeting may be held early in 2021 to include additional items of business.
- Nominations are invited from Members for the positions of Officers, i.e. Chair, Vice-Chair, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer and Honorary Editor, to serve for one year (Rules 20 & 21) and for one member to serve for three years on the Executive Committee (Rule 25).
- Anyone wishing to make nominations for the posts of Officers and the Committee should apply in writing to the Honorary Secretary for the appropriate Nomination Form. Completed forms must be received by the Honorary Secretary no later than Saturday 5th September 2020. It should be noted that those nominated are requested to provide a few words about themselves that could accompany any ballot papers.
- Under Rule 23 members unable to attend the Annual General Meeting may request a ballot paper if a ballot becomes necessary for any position. Please inform the Honorary Secretary in writing if you require this and a ballot paper will then be sent to you once all nominations have been received.
- Members who wish to receive an electronic version of the Annual Accounts in advance of the AGM should contact the Registrar Dr Bridget Gillard (email@example.com).