A New Flora of Devon – online edition
A New Flora of Devon was published by The Devonshire Association in a print edition of 842 pages in 2016. Some details of the launch are here.
From March 2021, thanks to the courtesy of the authors, the New Flora has been made available for all to consult on this website.
The index to species. Note that the links to plant species in the index are to 32-page sections of the Flora (in pdf format) within which it will be necessary to navigate to the required page.
A list of corrections to the printed volume. These have been incorporated into this online version.
- Foreword (not available)
- Introduction and Acknowledgements
- The history of plant recording in Devon
- The Devon landscape: climate, geology and soils
- Agriculture in Devon
- The impact of agriculture on the Devon flora
- Areas of outstanding botanical interest
- Roadsides in Devon
- The South Hams coast between Start Point and Bolt Tail
- Southwest Dartmoor Downs
- Botany of the Torbay Limestones
- Dawlish Warren
- The Lowland Heaths of the Bovey Basin
- East Devon Pebblebed Heaths
- The Axmouth to Lyme Regis Undercliffs
- The Blackdown Hills
- Culm grassland
- Braunton and Northam Burrows
- Introduction to the species accounts, Herbaria and Abbreviations
- The vascular plants of Devon (see the Index to species)
- Late records
- Records, abundance and change in the Devon flora
- Appendix 1. Red List status comparison
- Index (use the linked index page in preference)
The covers of the printed edition
Click on the image to see it larger.