- This event has passed.
Annual Members’ Day 2023 (Botany Section)
Sat. 4 March 2023 at 11:00 am
A day of talks and other activities celebrating Devon’s flora and the activities of the Section over the last year. The main speaker will be Phil Sansum of the Devon Biodiversity Records Centre.
The hall will be open from 10:30 and the agenda for the day is:
- 11:00 – Introduction and Welcome
- 11:10 – Talk: Phil Sansum on the work of the Devon Biodiversity Records Centre
- 12:15 – Lunch
- 13:00 – AGM, followed by Recorders reports
- 14:30 – Presentation on Parapholis strigosa/exarcuata from Roger Smith
- 14:45 – Slide show with tea & biscuits
If anyone has images they would like included in the slide show, please let the organiser know.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided, but if you are willing to bring some cakes to share in the afternoon, it would be much appreciated. As normal we are asking for a small donation of 50p or more to cover the cost of the refreshments, although this will be waived for those kind enough to bring some additional food along.
Whiddon Down is just off the A30, 7 miles east of Okehampton. The hall is about 500 metres south of the dual carriageway, on your left as you head into the village. There is a reasonably sized car park alongside it.