- This event has passed.
Bellever Moth Night (Entomology Section)
Sat. 6 August 2022 at 8:15 pm
This is a Dartmoor Pony Heritage Trust moth recording event held in association the DA, Forestry England, Butterfly Conservation, and Devon Moth Group.
Led by Barry Henwood (Devon Moth Group) 01626 364080 and Paul Rendell (Dartmoor guide).
Meet at Bellever Forest car park SX656772 (parking is free). There will be a 20 minute walk to the site along a rough track. Please make sure you bring a good torch as it will be dark for the return walk.
Max people: 20
Booking is essential: by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, please.
Moth trapping events take place in the dark and there are a few things that you will need to bring so that you have a safe and comfortable evening.
- a torch (don’t forget to check the batteries are not running low)
- warm clothing (even if it is a hot day, it can get chilly after dark)
- suitable footwear (please ask if you are unsure what is suitable for a particular event)
- something to drink and perhaps a snack to eat
- insect repellent (may be useful as mosquitoes can be a pest sometimes)
- dark glasses (you may wish to bring these as the light from the moth traps is very bright)
Please try to arrive at the advertised time, take care of your own personal safety and listen to the short introductory briefing by the event organiser, about any hazards in the area such as electric cables, slippery paths etc. Children are most welcome but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian if under 16.