- This event has passed.
Moth trapping at Loddiswell (Entomology Section)
Fri. 14 July 2017 at 9:00 pm
Andrew’s Wood, Loddiswell SX713520 / TQ7 4EA. Meet 9:00 pm.
Leader: Barry Henwood 01626 364080
Directions: From A38, take A3121 turn-off towards Ugborough/Yealmpton, then turn left onto B3196. Go straight across the junction at Kitterford Cross and at California Cross take the left-hand fork beyond the petrol station towards Loddiswell. Carry on to Coldharbour Cross and the car park is about 250m beyond this on the right-hand side.
If the weather looks unsettled please contact the leader by 6:30 pm to check the event is still happening.
This is a joint meeting with Devon Wildlife Trust, Devon Moth Group, Devon Biodiversity Records Centre, Butterfly Conservation and Devonshire Association.
Moth trapping events take place in the dark and there are a few things that you will need to bring so that you have a safe and comfortable evening.
• a torch (don’t forget to check the batteries are not running low)
• warm clothing (even if it is a hot day, it can get chilly after dark)
• suitable footwear (please ask if you are unsure what is suitable for a particular event)
• something to drink and perhaps a snack to eat
• insect repellent (may be useful as mosquitoes can be a pest sometimes)
• dark glasses (you may wish to bring these as the light from the moth traps is very bright)
Please try to arrive by the advertised time, take care of your own personal safety and listen to the short introductory briefing by the event organiser, about any hazards in the area such as electric cables, slippery paths etc. Children are most welcome but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian if under 16.
Image from Wikimedia Commons – click on it for details