Moth trapping in the Dart Valley (Entomology Section)
Fri. 21 June 2019 at 9:00 pm
Leader: Barry Henwood (01626 364080).
Dart Valley Devon Wildlife Trust Reserve. Meet at Newbridge car park SX711708, nearest post code TQ13 7NT.
There will be a walk before it gets dark then moth trapping from soon after 10pm.
If the weather looks unsettled please contact the leader by 6:30pm to check the event is still happening.
This is a joint meeting with Devon Wildlife Trust, Devon Moth Group, Devon Biodiversity Records Centre, Butterfly Conservation and Devonshire Association.
Moth trapping events take place in the dark and there are a few things that you will need to bring so that you have a safe and comfortable evening.
• a torch (don’t forget to check the batteries are not running low)
• warm clothing (even if it is a hot day, it can get chilly after dark)
• suitable footwear (please ask if you are unsure what is suitable for a particular event)
• something to drink and perhaps a snack to eat
• insect repellent (may be useful as mosquitoes can be a pest sometimes)
• dark glasses (you may wish to bring these as the light from the moth traps is very bright)
Please try to arrive by the advertised time, take care of your own personal safety and listen to the short introductory briefing by the event organiser, about any hazards in the area such as electric cables, slippery paths etc. Children are most welcome but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian if under 16.