Home Forums Devon Todd Gray Talks on Radio Devon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Collegiate
    Participant

At 1.10pm every week day on Radio Devon Todd Gray gives a talk of about 10 minutes on items of Devon History. This week he is talking about the Second World War in Devon. Yesterday he told us about the Black Shirts, especially the landlord of the hotel in Dartmouth! Today he spoke about the air raids in Exeter, Plymouth and Newton Abbot. If you have 10 minutes to spare at lunch times, Todd is a fascinating speaker.

JM
    (admin)

Thanks Collegiate, and welcome to the forums!

I believe that in one of last week’s talks Todd gave the DA a plug too.

RichardB
    Participant

I think these talks are coming to an end this week ? (aka Todd has to earn a living !) I have really enjoyed them all and learnt a lot of fascinating details on a diverse range of topics. Although I’m not local to Devon I’ve listened via BBC Sounds, admittedly skipping through the rest of each programme to get to his 1 pm slot !

I realise the copyright will reside with the BBC, but I wonder what the chance is of obtaining the series and consolidating into a special audio file for future reference ? With the icing on the cake of course being an index….. Just an idea…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.