The Exeter Branch was founded in 1952 and serves the City of Exeter and the surrounding towns and villages.
An annual programme of events offers a broad range of topics tailored to the diverse interests of its members. Meetings are held at convenient locations, usually in Exeter.
A typical programme of events consists of a New Year party in January, including various forms of entertainment, and lectures in February and March given by recognised experts in their fields. The lectures are typically followed during the spring and summer months by a visit to a country house and assorted guided walks and excursions, occasionally to the coast. A ‘Meet and Greet’ event is also occasionally arranged for new members. Autumn and winter events include an annual lunch, traditionally preceded by a talk given by the incumbent Devonshire Association President, and an AGM accompanied by a presentation or a question and answer session with committee members.
Non-members are welcome to attend any of the activities – space permitting.
(as of August 2021)
Chair: Dr Bob Hodgson
Vice Chair: Prof. Antony Buller
Acting Hon. Secretary: Delphine Jones
Hon. Treasurer: Katharine Harris
Committee: Neil Macaulay, Pat Bonning-Snook
It’s also possible to review the Branch’s past events.
The following pages were written and are maintained by the Branch itself.
- Exeter Branch Report: 2021
- Exeter Branch Report: Aug 2019 to Jan 2020
- Exeter Branch Report: Mar to May 2019
- Exeter Branch report: Aug 2018 to Jan 2019
- Exeter Branch report: Feb to Jul 2018
- Exeter Branch report: Sep 2017 to Jan 2018
- Exeter Branch report: Feb to Jul 2017
- Exeter Branch report: Sep to Nov 2016
- Exeter Branch report: Feb to Jul 2016
|< East Devon Branch||Plymouth and District Branch >|