The Exeter Branch was founded in 1952 and serves the City of Exeter and the surrounding towns and villages.
An annual programme of events offers a broad range of topics tailored to the diverse interests of its members. Meetings are held at convenient locations, usually in Exeter, and there are occasional presentations via Zoom.
A typical programme of events consists of a New Year Gathering in January, including various forms of entertainment, and lectures given by recognised experts in their fields. The lectures are typically followed during the spring and summer months by a visit to a country house or assorted guided walks and excursions, occasionally to the coast. Autumn and winter events may include a lecture and an AGM and an annual lunch, traditionally preceded by a talk given by the incumbent Devonshire Association President.
Non-members are welcome to attend any of the activities – space permitting.
(as of November 2023)
Chair: Dr Bob Hodgson
Vice Chair: Prof. Antony T. Buller
Acting Hon. Secretary: Delphine Jones
Hon. Treasurer: Rachel Armstrong
Committee: Amelia Allen, Pat Bonning-Snook, Katharine Harris
It’s also possible to review the Branch’s past events.
The following pages were written and are maintained by the Branch itself.
- Exeter Branch Report: 2021
- Exeter Branch Report: Aug 2019 to Jan 2020
- Exeter Branch Report: Mar to May 2019
- Exeter Branch report: Aug 2018 to Jan 2019
- Exeter Branch report: Feb to Jul 2018
- Exeter Branch report: Sep 2017 to Jan 2018
- Exeter Branch report: Feb to Jul 2017
- Exeter Branch report: Sep to Nov 2016
- Exeter Branch report: Feb to Jul 2016
|< East Devon Branch||Plymouth and District Branch >|