Tavistock & West Devon Branch
The Tavistock & West Devon Branch, which consists of a group of friendly and active members, was founded in Tavistock and its immediate vicinity and subsequently extended to serve from the outskirts of Plymouth through to Okehampton.
Branch meetings are held on a monthly basis from September to April at the Parish Centre in Tavistock, and attract highly renowned speakers on a wide variety of topics of local interest, ranging from science, literature and the arts to Dartmoor, industrial archaeology and folklore. Great emphasis is placed on the social aspect of our evenings, lectures being regularly followed by tea, coffee and light refreshments.
Over the summer, we enjoy outings to places of interest in the county and guided walks and excursions on Dartmoor. The annual highlight is our social evening – a buffet supper followed by a light-hearted talk, affording us a chance to reminisce and engage with new members.
We welcome visitors to any or all of our events.
(as of Feb. 2018)
Chairman: Barbara Edwards
Hon. Secretary: (vacant)
Acting Secretary: Barbara Edwards (Tel: 01822 852636, email: email@example.com)
Hon. Treasurer: Anthony Golding
Programme Secretary: Mrs Sheila Phillips
It’s also possible to review the Branch’s past events.
Our indoor meetings usually take place in The Parish Church Centre, 5a Plymouth Road, Tavistock PL19 8AU. Click on the location map to see a larger version.
The following pages are written and maintained by members of the Branch.
- Tavistock & West Devon Branch report: Feb to Jun 2019
- Tavistock & West Devon Branch report: Sep 2018 to Jan 2019
- Tavistock & West Devon Branch report: Feb to Jul 2018
- Tavistock & West Devon Branch report: Sep 2017 to Jan 2018
- Tavistock & West Devon Branch report: Feb to Jul 2017
- Tavistock & West Devon Branch report: Sep 2016 to Jan 2017
- Tavistock & West Devon Branch report: Feb to Jul 2016
- Tavistock & West Devon Branch report: Aug 2015 to Jan 2016
|< South Devon Branch||Axe Valley Branch >|