The Entomology Section promotes the study and recording of insects and also spiders in the county.
Meetings, talks, exhibitions, publications and field trips are arranged annually across the county of Devon and are suitable for beginners and experienced alike. Field trips are usually held in association with other specialist groups with whom we maintain close links. We also meet with other sections to demonstrate, and learn, about the inter-relationships with other disciplines.
With at least ten specialists in different Orders within the insect class we cater for a wide range of interests. Some of our Recorders are national experts in their field and hence we are the major collective source of entomological expertise in the county.
(as of Feb. 2020)
Chairman: Bob Heckford
Vice-Chairman: H. A. Kennard
Hon. Treasurer: Dr C. R. Betts
Hon. Secretary: Stella Beavan (Tel. 07710 879277, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Committee: Officers and Dr R. J. Wootton
- Coleoptera – Dr M. L. Luff
- Diptera – Dr C. M. Drake
- Hemiptera – Dr K. N. A. Alexander
- Hymenoptera – S. Carroll
- Lepidoptera – Butterflies – Dr C. R. Bristow
- Lepidoptera – Macrolepidoptera – Dr B. P. Henwood
- Lepidoptera – Microlepidoptera – R. J. Heckford
- Odonata – D. Smallshire
- Orthoptera – A. Colston
- Psocoptera – Dr K. N. A. Alexander
- Spiders – M. C. Prince
It’s also possible to review the Section’s past events.
The following pages were written and are maintained by the Section itself.
- Dartmouth. Report from the Entomology Section
- Buckfast. Report from the Entomology Section
- Cullompton. Report from the Entomology Section
- Tavistock. Report from the Entomology Section
- Barnstaple. Report from the Entomology Section
- Kingsbridge. Report from the Entomology Section
- Torquay. Report from the Entomology Section
- Axminster. Report from the Entomology Section
|< Buildings Section||Geology Section >|