Industrial Archaeology Section
The Industrial Archaeology (IA) Section was formed in 2012, and there are now over 100 of the Association’s members who have signed up and receive details of the Section’s events on a regular basis.
We provide an annual programme of six talks on a wide range of topics during Autumn/Winter and a number of field trips during the warmer part of the year. Past field trips have included visits to mining sites on Dartmoor, guided town walks to view features of the industrial past, and factory visits.
We aim to maintain contact with other South-West IA societies and in 2016 the Section organised and hosted the annual South West and Wales regional Industrial Archaeology Conference. A number of members of our neighbouring IA Society in Somerset are also members of our Section.
Some of our members carry out their own research and the Section aims to encourage and support their activities.
Chairman: Richard Pocock
Hon Secretary: Mike Stannard (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hon. Treasurer: Bill Nichols
Committee: Mick Atkinson, Lynette Costello, Ian Miles, Mary Miles, Pat Milton, Adrian Wills, Graham Wills
It’s also possible to review the Section’s past events.
Since Autumn 2017, the section has produced illustrated newsletters for its members:
The following pages were written and are maintained by the Section itself.
- Industrial Archaeology Section Newsletter 3
- Industrial Archaeology Section Newsletter 2
- Industrial Archaeology Section Newsletter 1
- Dartmouth. Report from the Industrial Archaeology Section
- Buckfast. Report from the Industrial Archaeology Section
- Cullompton. Report from the Industrial Archaeology Section
- Tavistock. Report from the Industrial Archaeology Section
|< History Section||Literature & Art Section >|