Literature & Art Section
The Literature & Art Section is concerned with exploring and promoting interest in the historical and present-day contributions of Devon and Devonians to writing, illustration and the making of books, and to the visual arts.
The committee organises about six events each year: typically talks by writers, poets, artists and literary and art historians, and visits to artists’ studios, notable libraries and other places with artistic and literary associations.
Recent programmes have included illustrated talks on 18th century Devon miniaturists, on animal illustrations, on the use of art in psychiatric therapy, on wood-engraving, on a book on Devon secret agents, on creating an IPad application of ‘Wind in the Willows’; and guided visits to the studios of two sculptors, to the Ted Hughes Trail in Stover Park and to the libraries of Exeter Cathedral and the Devon and Exeter Institution.
The Section welcomes visitors and guests to most events, though preference is given to members where numbers are limited.
(as of March 2018)
Chairman: Dr Robin Wootton
Hon. Treasurer: Mrs Pamela Wootton
Hon. Secretary: Mrs Prue Nichols (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Committee: Elizabeth Andrew, Lynette Costello, Thomas Murray, Mrs Wendy Roden, Jennifer Scott.
It’s also possible to review the Section’s past events.
The following pages were written and are maintained by the Section itself.
- Launceston. Report from the Literature and Art Section
- Dartmouth. Report from the Literature and Art Section
- Buckfast. Report from the Literature and Art Section
- Cullompton. Report from the Literature & Art Section
- Tavistock. Report from the Literature and Art Section
- Artists of the Devonshire Association – an exhibition
- Barnstaple. Report from the Literature & Art Section
- Kingsbridge. Report from the Literature & Art Section
- Torquay. Report from the Literature & Art Section
- Axminster. Report from the Literature Section
|< Industrial Archaeology Section||Music Section >|