Latest additions of Devon content

Illustration of ancient font in Christ Church, Ilfracombe

The Font in Christ Church, Ilfracombe (1880)

By Miss Price. Communicated by the Rev. Treasurer Hawker. (Read at Totnes, July, 1880.) When the Devonshire Association met in Ilfracombe last year (1879), they were informed, at one of their meetings, that among...

Wembury: its bay, church, and parish (1909)

By H. Montagu Evans. (Read at Launceston, 28th July, 1909.) Part 1. THE wild, romantic, but dangerous Wembury Bay, to which so much attention has during the past few months been directed, occupies what...

The Walrond Screen in Seaton Church (1915)

By Arthur Locke Radford, F.S.A. (Road at Exeter, 22nd July, 1915.) In W. H. Hamilton Rogers’ Sepulchral Effigies in the Parish Churches of Devon, page 185, occurs an account of Walrond of Bovey, Seaton...